Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Bucket List


I feel like I am the only person who comes back in August and doesn't have some super fantastic vacation to report back to my colleagues about during those fabulous icebreakers. One reason is my husband works in the heating and air conditioning business. He works himself skinny by sweating all day and night. It was 100+ degrees recently - those were some hard days for him. He can't take time off during this busy season. Two: I live on a teacher's salary and well, the budget is a little tight. No worries - we will save our pennies and go on a fabulous trip someday. Until then, I will do the summer bucket list.  I saw this idea on a non-teacher blog and thought that I would share my bucket list with you all. Tell me what you added to your own list in the comments section - I'm looking for more inspiration!


These are not in any particular order - just how they popped into my head: 
  • Read at least five books
  • Go to the beach five times 
  • Switch all the hangers in my closet to fancy velvety ones (started 7-8) 
  • New dresser from IKEA
  • Visit friend and her precious two-year-old in New Jersey
  • Go to Carlo's Bakery
  • Lose 10 pounds
  • Put in new floors in house
  • Visit farmer's market at least twice
  • Try two new (non corporate) brunch spots
  • Attend at least three music concerts
    • Rascal Flatts 6-23 - I got to take my picture with them too!
  • Get fresh pretzels 
  • Attend one baseball game (Nationals vs. Cardinals) 
  • Plan overnight tubing/camping trip


PICTURES TO HELP ILLUSTRATE MY LIST
Yum!



Can. Not. Wait.
Maybe this dresser??


My dog and the floors stacked up ready to be installed...

















Closet:
BEFORE
AFTER           





No comments:

Post a Comment