Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Morning Edition

When I was younger I remember riding around town with my parents. Back in my day (1980/90's), children did not have the luxury of listening to their own music or watching favorite t.v. shows or movies. Nope! The whole family listened to whatever the grownups in the car wanted. Many times, that meant NPR for my sister and I. What kind of an adult listened to this stuff and LIKED it?! I remember thinking to myself that this constant talk was unbearable. That would never be me.

Flashforward to present: I am 31 years old and I drive to work listening to NPR. Yes, the very same NPR that my parents listened to, biggest shocker - I LOVE it! In my "old age" I need a break from constant pop beats. I don't live in California, so that song doesn't really apply to me. Also, when did Mick Jagger become a necessary lyric in a song? For reals? Don't get me wrong, I do belt out  listen to pop songs on the way home. I'm only 31, still need to relax a little. ;)


A few days ago I happened to be listening to NPR and heard an awesome song about eponyms. I have shown this video clip to my students twice now and they beg me to "play it again!" Bless them for geeking out over a good song about nouns. Today as they were working, I could hear one student humming the chorus. I love when my students get so into a lesson that it sticks with them. They may not know how to tell us that they appreciate us on a daily basis, but I will take unbridled enthusiasm any day. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to use this when I start nouns in a couple of weeks.

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete