Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Science Websites & Videos

Sorry about the delay in this post, but I was EXHAUSTED yesterday. I came home, heated up leftovers for my husband and I, fed the dog, and promptly fell asleep at 6:30 p.m. This is the first time that this excessive tiredness has occurred this year, so I must be doing something right! Here are a few of my favorite websites and videos (in no particular order).

Let's start with this super awesome video for teaching elements of the periodic table. My students LOVE this video. I print out the lyrics for the kids to follow along with. This video is great! The band, They Might Be Giants, does a great job writing other science songs and videos. It's a really catchy song that no one minds having stuck in their heads.



 Now for cells...click on the picture to be taken to a website where students can interact with plant and animal cells. Each structure in the cell is explained and there are games for students to play as well.

Another recommendation...



Many great games and such for teaching about the Earth, layers, rock types, plate tectonics... you get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment