Monday, April 16, 2012

Take a Break

It seems as though I have been on a long break myself. I'm sorry about that. I wouldn't even know where to begin with where I have been, what (who) I have been dealing with, etc. That's almost over now, but school is not. I found this great link on Pinterest over the weekend. Just another place I've been hanging out! This link interested me because at times I feel like my fifth graders need a little break - more structured than snack time, more interesting than just talking with a friend for a few minutes. This site has great ideas for activities. I just tried the plate game today. The kids LOVED it. I wish I had taken a picture of it for you, but it didn't dawn on me until after we had played the game. It makes me so happy when I find something that even the "coolest" kid has a good time playing. Watching them laugh and play is so rewarding. With the school year coming to a close, redirecting their energy is probably a good sanity saver for everyone involved. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment