Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Classroom Tour

I have just a few pictures to share with everyone.I previewed some of your fabulous classroom pictures before posting mine. You all have very bright and inviting classrooms. There are a few areas in my room that I would like to spruce up just a little bit more, but you'll get the general idea from the pictures below. Enjoy!
Right above the classroom door
Right inside the door. The silverware tray is for lunch choices that students make using the popsicle sticks next to them. I have a pencil pick up and drop off bucket too.
View from the classroom door towards the back corner of the room.


I love the multicolored trays on the left. I put extra copies of handouts in each one depending on the week of school. The colored bins are from Target. I have labeled them with different subject areas so that students can place their homework into each bin. The brown cart holds construction paper and classroom posters.

I'm using this long bulletin board for two purposes: Left is the 6 Traits writing program. I will add more to it as we cover each trait of writing. Ideas is up first as well as conventions because we will cover those first. The right side is where I will place some student work. I have sort of leveled my classroom library by AR book levels. There is an empty bin there because I want students to put recommended books in that one. I'm hoping this will encourage them to find more books without spending a lot of time at the bookcase. 

Back wall that needs a little more work. I need to make a cute sign for the social studies section on the right tonight because open house is Friday morning! On the very far left is a Newbery Award poster with all the current award winners. I am planning on adding little stars to the poster as I continue to read books that have won the award. It's a goal of mine to read a bunch throughout the school year.

5 comments:

  1. Everything is so neat and organized! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go forth, supply hoarder and take solace in knowing you are not alone in that plight. I live by the motto "there's gotta be a use for that" and it hasn't failed me yet! My closet won't close fully but it's all worth keeping. :)

    ✪ Liam ✪
    Twist of Liam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! I do have a certain affinity for all things organization. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love things for organization, too! You couldn't tell it by looking at my desk and reading table right now after just 2 weeks of school, though! :)
    Your room is very neat!!!

    Shannon
    http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete