Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Meet the Teacher Monday - A day late

Can I still get partial credit for doing it?? LOL. 

Tell something about you
I am married to my dear husband Patrick and a mom to a dog named Gage. Patrick and I met and were close friends in high school, he moved away, and we reconnected nearly ten years later when I finally checked my myspace account after nearly 3 months. Do you remember how awesome we thought myspace was? I didn't get too far into it like most people, but it was pretty cool for the time. Patrick and I got Gage after a year or so of dating. He is an English field spaniel with a beautiful silky chocolate brown coat. He gets told many times that he is very handsome, but Gage can be very B-A-D sometimes. I spell it for him though because I don't want him to know that even though he tore into a plastic bag of lady things, he is still so cute when he brings one over to show me that he opened them. I love baking and frequently use it as an excuse to avoid doing schoolwork. Or cleaning.



My baby Gage



My hobby


How long have you been a teacher
I have been a teacher all my life. My sister was my first student. I loved playing school and making her do "work". She has me to thank for her smartness! Seriously though, this marks my ninth year as a teacher. I graduated from Old Dominion University with a Master's in Elementary Education in 2003. I began my teaching career working in Norfolk, Virginia. After two years, I needed a change and moved to northern Virginia. I have loved every minute of working where I do for the county I live in. 

You might not know...
If I wasn't a teacher, I would love to be on Saturday Night Live. I can do the BEST impressions. I really love putting on a show. Getting people to laugh makes me happy. For now, I'll just keep pretending that the carpet in the front of my room is a stage, and the show will go on!
What are you most looking forward to this school year?
This year I am looking forward to maintaining a classroom blog and starting post graduate work. Short, but sweet answer, I know.
What do you need to improve?
 To improve, I would like to take less work home. I need to enjoy my time after school focused more on my family and renewing my spirit. It's easy to allow school to become such a major focus, but I need to remember to take more time for myself and my family. 


What teaching supplies can you not live without?
I am fortunate to work with two ladies that have become my inspiration, friend, co-conspirators, supporter, cheerleader, shoulder to cry on. They are my ultimate teaching "supply". I can live without everything else. Don't get me wrong, I love Sharpies, my timer, neon colored folders, and sparkly pens, but these ladies make my day rock.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment