Thursday, August 25, 2011

Three for Thursday

This has been a great teacher week so far! I love checking out everyone's fabulous blogs. It's so inspiring! Below are some of my favorite things. Enjoy :)

Favorite Font

One of my favorite fonts is Century Gothic. I also love downloading fun fonts like smiley monster from Kevin and Amanda.

Favorite Blog
I have many favorite blogs, but I thought that I would share two with you, one teaching related and one food related. Mrs. Mimi writes great posts. When she was in the classroom, her posts would crack me up about the ups and downs of her daily teaching life. Check out It's Not All Flowers and Sausages for a good laugh. She has even published a book of some of her best stories!

As you may know from my earlier post, I LOVE baking. I have been so inspired by all the yummy things I have found on Our Best Bites. They, too, have published a book.

Favorite Online Resources 

So, let me actually give you something educationally relevant: for those upper grade teachers, I find that Kahn Academy is a wonderful resource of videos for teaching complex math concepts, along with chemistry, and a little bit of history. Many of you probably don't teach concepts this complex, but maybe you have a high schooler that could benefit from the resources available. There is even SAT prep! 
Something that the majority of use could use:  Education World

No comments:

Post a Comment