Saturday, August 6, 2011

Here We Go Again.....

It seems to me that every year I begin a new school year, I change the way I write my lesson plans. Why? I don't know. I've tried creating a form and filling in the boxes, typing them up on the computer, and some combination of both. I've tried doing one day at a time and stapling a week at a time together. The traditional plan book approach (see below) was really effective for me last year and I was ready to use the same process again. 
Lots to say...not a lot of room

Glued in nine weeks plans


Then I saw Kristen's post on Ladybug's Teacher Files and once again thought of changing my method for the ninth year in a row! Just look at those cute labels marking where the calendar is, where the lesson plans go, where she keeps notes of meetings....I just got lost in the fabulosity (not a real word - I know) of keeping everything in one place. Kristen was so kind and posted a few of the files she uses in her all-in-one binder, but I must have it all if I'm going to change things for the umpteenth time! Using a picture of her lesson plan template, I created the most generic one I could that resembled hers as best as I could. I tried my best to upload my version, but then I figured out that the only way to keep all the formatting you want is to publish in pdf form, which defeats the purpose of sharing because then you can't modify it. Argh! In the meantime, what method do you use to plan your lessons? Do you switch your approach every year or is it just me?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment